Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Frobisher

This past week, I've had two designs published (which makes for an exciting week!), and I am so glad to be able to finally share this one with you!

Photograph by Dan Walmsley for Practical Publishing

Frobisher is named for the rose in the Explorer series, which in turn is named for the explorer of the same name; quite appropriate for a sweater with both British and Canadian connections, right? The Canadian connection is of course myself, and the British connection is Knit Now Magazine, who have published my sweater in issue number 53, available for online purchase from Moremags at this link.

Photograph by Dan Walmsley for Practical Publishing

I am so pleased to have my sweater on the cover of this magazine, which is full of delicious cables, colourwork, and tweed; just the thing for October. There's even a crossword puzzle I'm hoping to try out over coffee later on; that too is full of woolly goodness!

Worked in Sirdar Wool Rich Aran, Frobisher features plenty of cables, including a large cable running up the sleeve into the saddle shoulders. The shawl collar is thoroughly cozy, and the choice of fit is reasonably flexible with the stretch in the cabled ribbing; that is, the size small fits me if I want a snug-but-comfortable fit, but if I wanted a more relaxed fit I would go with the medium that I usually wear. Sized in women's sizes from XS to 3XL, the sweater is actually unisex, so observe the actual measurements in centimetres to choose the size to knit for men.

I wanted the Frobisher pullover to be at once rugged and cozy, and there is just something about cables that speaks of both to me. I enjoyed designing and knitting Frobisher, and hope you will enjoy knitting it just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment