Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Happy New Year!

I didn't really want to start 2015 off with a cold, but, having tried my best to fight it off over the last couple of days, I've now succumbed. I'm relying on cold meds to improve my willingness to budge from the couch, and am going to be enjoying plenty of hot tea.

Luckily enough, a cold, being a minor thing, all in all, is not a thing to interfere with my New Year's plans, which is to start the year off knitting something for myself. I do this most years (I've made exceptions for years where it was kinder to myself to tackle a work-in-progress instead), and this year's pattern of choice is Woolly Wormhead's Slable. I am also using my handspun to knit it, hoping that my cabled yarn will make the textures play all the more nicely across the hat. Despite much admiring Woolly Wormhead's work, this is only my second go at actually getting to knit up one of her designs, but I can wholeheartedly recommend her anytime you want to knit a hat.



So, what are you doing for yourself to start off this year? I feel we could all use a few ideas for nice little ways to take a moment and be kinder to ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I must have sent you the cold via e-mail. Lovely yarn and a neat pattern. After the mag sweater, I am switching to baby knits, and a commission white buffalo sweater. Treat for me will be Master Knitter completion after that.

    ReplyDelete